What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Fortnite Discussion' started by FortniteHub, Dec 18, 2018.

1. CertifiedChamp

CertifiedChamp Recruit

wheres my spartan charge?

2. Snupolupogate

Snupolupogate Recruit

I am working on a oriental themed map for the contest. It is built on the block so i can try to get it featured on the actual block in the fortnite map. will maps built on the block be allowed in this upcoming contest?

a Chunk, WARHOLIC and II SEGA USA II like this.
  3. WARHOLIC

WARHOLIC Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, sorry we didn't clarify that earlier. Any of the building locations are viable for the contest, including 'the block'. I'm also considering extending the submission deadline since we are a new site and didn't get enough people to participate. We're planning on selecting 10 maps as winners, which we didn't reach yet.

a Chunk and II SEGA USA II like this.
  4. Snupolupogate

Snupolupogate Recruit

how are you guys gonna get on our maps? most people, myself included, dont have island codes yet. the vast majority of creative players arent able to get a code for our map to share.

a Chunk likes this.
  5. Sgt Slaphead

Sgt Slaphead Recruit

Another WAYWO!!! I am most happy!

WARHOLIC and a Chunk like this.
  6. RayBenefield

RayBenefield Recruit

I totally forgot about the contest too. lol... I have 2 published maps right now. And if this next patch fixes the bug that I hope it does, I'll be able to post probably 2 more. I have 6 in total that I play with my stream regularly... and all a variety of different gametypes, not just different maps.

Maybe I should invest in some actual deathmatch design and see how the gun play works out. It's been a while lol... then again, little control over the spawn system makes it difficult since they don't really have a spawn weighting system at all and it can result in quite the nightmare. That's actually probably why I haven't tackled that yet.

And I'm still having fun with the varied sandbox honestly. Creative is great for us game designers, not so much level designers. lol so your typical Forgehub folks probably aren't fitting into the Creative space so well.

WARHOLIC likes this.
  7. Snupolupogate

Snupolupogate Recruit

ray, how did you get codes so you can publish your map?

8. RayBenefield

RayBenefield Recruit

@Snupolupogate I earned Support-A-Creator by having a map gain enough attention on the FortniteCreative subreddit. If an epic employee thinks your content deserves it, they will reach out to you to apply to support-a-creator and they will waive the requirements for number of followers on your social media.

I would have had it sooner for my Mixer channel, but there was a bug in the system that auto-denied me. I'm glad I went the FortniteCreative route. lol...

WARHOLIC likes this.
  9. WARHOLIC

WARHOLIC Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

We're extending the contest deadline by 3 weeks to allow more submissions to enter. Maps will be due on February 10th. Hopefully that gives everyone enough time to finish up their current projects or create new ones :) Good luck to all that have already entered!

RayBenefield and Sgt Slaphead like this.
  10. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Recruit

I've finished my first map, but can't play it and therefore can't record it properly.

I remember, in my first Creative session, when I pressed Start, there was one option called My Island, where I could make my own gametype for the level and press Play. That option is gone now, there's only Return to Creative Hub and Change Team that are worth mentioning.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it by loading it again in the Creative Hub and removing the spawn location from the Creative Hub link on the island. It probably blocked something...

#30 Buddy Jumps, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Sgt Slaphead likes this.
  11. Sgt Slaphead

Sgt Slaphead Recruit

My first WIP Deathmatch map made for 1v1, 2v2 and FFA. No idea what I'm calling it yet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#31 Sgt Slaphead, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  12. a Chunk

a Chunk Recruit

This looks fantastic! Great job. :D

Sgt Slaphead likes this.
  13. Sgt Slaphead

Sgt Slaphead Recruit

I like designing layouts but was never much of an artist. Thankfully though we have great textures!

a Chunk likes this.
  14. Snupolupogate

Snupolupogate Recruit

yea i am trying that route as well but i have never used reddit so i dont have enough karma to post it unfortunatley

Sgt Slaphead likes this.